Thursday, August 7, 2008

3 years

Alma and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary on August 6th. What a wonderful 3 years they've been!! We were able to spend the whole day together: picknicked in the park, then got a babysitter for the evening. We went to our favorite local Italian eatery Craigo's, then came home and had Alma and Nicole's Exclusive Olympic Games 2008 (in gear up for the actual Olympics coming around the corner).

We had a flag ceremony/flag making contest. (Colorado vs. Nevada) I lost seeing how my flag doesn't even resemble the Nevada State Flag! I forgot what it looked like...but got kind of close yeah?? Because Alma's flag looked like a replica of the actual one, he got to pick which event we participated in first.

P.I.G. TOURNAMENT

FACE OFF WITH THE DR. (Dr. Mario that is)

UNO

GOLF
Alma set up this sweet course that used rain pipes, crown molding, and our club was a hammer duck-taped to a crow bar! So creative :)

FLOOR ROUTINE
This does not include any pictures for obvious dignity reasons. Suffice it to say they were improv dance/gymnastic routines that would make any Russian, Romanian, or Asian blush!

PING PONG

MEDAL CEREMONY

We were neck in neck during the games, but Alma pulled ahead and beat me in ping pong 2 out of 3, which earned him the gold medal. It was so much fun to do something so original. Alma and I are not competitive, so this was just a ton of fun!

I love you babsies. You make life so much better than I ever thought possible. I love you more today than I ever have. *pinky


12 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

totally cute idea! Our anniversary is coming up and I don't think we have even thought 2 seconds about it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsay said...

hahaha I am amazed at your guys' level of fun-ness and creativity. That's awesome

Joneel said...

H I L A R I O U S S S S S S ly
Cute

Leah and Joe said...

Congrats on 3 great years! We just had our 1 year, but of course I havent caught up on my blogging yet!
I loved your comment on my memories blog, I was laughing so hard!!

Andy and Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary. WooHoo. And I love your activities. I need to get Stella to go to a babysitter at least once in my lifetime before I have another baby so that Andy and I can do something fun just the two of us. Even if it is just long enough for dinner. I love the look on your faces in the winner picture. And I also like your new glasses. I am currently looking to buy some, I can not make a stupid decision. oh well.

Alisha said...

You make me laugh! What a fun way to spend your anniversary!

Unknown said...

First of all, I can't believe how cute Jagger is in those overalls!!!

Secondly, I just have to say that you guys have the most fun relationship ever! It is so cool that you took the time to do all this together and I just laughed out loud! Congrats on your medals!

stephanie and sean said...

happy olympics!!!!! and sweet skinny jeans! :) congrats on the silver medal! I'm sure you gave Alma a run for his money. I see a tradition in the making!

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

Congrats on you anniversary!!!

The Melnychuks said...

Yay!! Happy Anniversary!!! Alma, I am so happy you are a part of our family! You are the perfect fit for my perfect and wonderful sister!!! You two are so good together and I love your fun and laid back personalities!!!! Can't wait to see you!!

Jordan and Jodi said...

How fun! We did an Olympic thing similar but as usual we FORGOT to take pictures! Thanks for the pictures! Happy Anniversary! :)

blythe said...

This is way too cute. I love the idea of doing your own olympics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails