Thursday, July 26, 2007

mission call!!!


My beautiful sister Alicia got her mission call a couple of weeks ago!! She is going to Copenhagen, Denmark!--AWESOME!!! Alma and I Wikapedia'd it (one of our absolute favorite sources of all time) and saw some writing in Danish (which is what she will be speaking). It looks pretty similar to German, which would be cool if first I could recollect any German I learned from how long ago now, and second if we could sort of understand each other...or more like me maybe understanding a little bit of what she's saying considering I couldn't speak German very well when I knew it. And who am I kidding...I couldn't even understand the Austrians, but I feel a slight connection I guess is all I'm trying to say. Congratulations Alicia! You will be a wonderful missionary (especially when you decide to not hate strangers anymore) and I am really proud of you; we are really proud of you! We love you and are sad you will be gone for a year and a half, but are excited to hear all about your awesome experiences, see you learn and grow, and that you are sharing the most important thing with those who do not have it: the Gospel.

5 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

My brother is going on a mission too! When does Alicia leave for the MTC? I think Chad leaves on Sept. 8th. I don't know about you, but having a missionary in the field (one that you know personally), or ALMOST in the field, puts a new kind of spin on the gospel. I find that I go to a lot of meetings and read the scriptures with an investigator's point of view ... or think about how Chad will teach the concept or that principle. It is so exciting! I've just got three words for you. HOORAY FOR MISSIONARIES

mattnbeth said...

how exciting! when does she leave? thats awesome. and maybe you can go pick her up at the end! :)

anna said...

Nicole, I have been reading your blog for a while now. Your little guy is so cute!! You look fabulous. Just thought I would let you know my husband lived in Denmark for 6 months when he was younger, and his dad served his mission there. I have a good friend there now - Sister Magstadt. Your sister will love, love Denmark - it's beautiful! Congratulations.

Love, Anna

Mary Stuart said...

That is amazing! Way to go Alicia!!!

Heidi said...

Congrats to your sis and your family- Denmark will be awesome. What an amazing opportunity she will have to share the gospel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails