Actually, Happy Thanksgiving. Since that is a more appropriate reason to celebrate a holiday. It is the holiday of harvest, which includes being grateful for our food...especially turkey :) I had a wonderful week in Colorado. We decided last minute to take a trip to Colorado Springs considering the very favorable, and highly unlikely, weather conditions for this time of year. We left on Tuesday night so that Jag could sleep the whole ride there...um, not so much the case! He was literally up the entire 11 hour drive making loud, weird noises so I couldn't sleep in the bed I had made in back either. Plans foiled. We got in around 4:30am and crashed. Wednesday Alma's mom got me an hour long foot-a-massage for my birthday and it was DIVINE!! Never would one think that you could spend an hour massaging ones feet and have it feel so good the entire time. I was in heaven, heaven, heaven. Wow. Then we all went out to eat at Musashi's (one of my favorites). Thursday was full of lots of cooking and eating. Deb and I made the Tex-Mex, trying to deceive the other into cutting up the tomatoes (yuck!) while Alma attempted to make his 1st ever homemade pumpkin pie...which was a huge and delicious success by the way. We ate at Aaron and Carri's and enjoyed even more great food that night. Friday was spent relaxing and recuperating from the engorgement that had taken place. Saturday we took Aaron and Carri's family pictures, and went shopping at REI and Target, our favorite stores (guess which one's mine :) We spent the night playing STOMP at Aaron and Carri's with everyone. And since our driving-through-the-night-so-jagger-would-sleep plan didn't go so hot, we opted to stay Saturday night and drive back during the day on Sunday. Lo and behold there was a snowstorm Saturday night and we spent what should only be an hour drive to Denver a white knuckled, 30 MPH, 2 1/2 drive. Luckily that was the only bad weather we hit and made awesome time the rest of the trip...all things considered. Jagger even went to bed around 6:30 for the rest of the drive! We got in 13 hrs. later at 11 pm. It was a really great trip all in all and I'm so grateful that we were able to go down. I'm so thankful that gas prices have plumeted considerably so we could afford to go. Alma's mom and dad and Debra were all really willing to watch and play with Jagger, thus helping it feel even more like a vacation. I'm so grateful for family and for a good trip like the one we just had. Thanks again mom and dad, Deb, and Aaron and Carri (and kids!) for everything!! It was so fun to see you. We missed the rest of the family who couldn't make it.We were too busy scarfing to take many pics, but here are just a few.


5 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you had a good and safe trip!!
I'm sad we missed thanksgiving in colorado this year. I'm sure we would have had such a blast. I'm glad you had such good driving weather - that is always the worst part. And I love Jagger and his snowman - so cute.
hahaha i love the comic at the beginning! and your sweatshirt is sweet!! I know i say this everytime you post a picture of jagger, but he really is getting so big!!! and he's still just so cute! glad you had a good time.
Hey Nicole! Congrats on baby #2!
Wanted to let you know that a few girls in the ward are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday that you are totally welcome to come to, as a former 69th Ward member. :) Anyway, it's Saturday from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. (open house) in UV #610. Would love to see you there if you can come!
You guys are so hot right now! m,.,.
Post a Comment