2 days ago
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
women's conference
So I decided very last minute to go down to Provo and attend Women's Conference at BYU. The girls in Alma's family go every year and I thought it would be a lot of fun for me to spend some time with them. Jagger and I drove to Pocatello on Wednesday, then caught a ride with Alma's aunt the rest of the way down. I read all through the brochure/agenda for the next two days, picked out what classes sounded interesting, etc. only to find a very valuable and late piece of information. It said something to the effect of 'due to prayerful thought and consideration there are to be no infants or children at the conference'...oops. I guess that's what I get for going down so spur of the moment...should have done my research. But nonetheless it was still a very enjoyable weekend I was able to spend with Alma's family and my good friend Kelly. We were able to visit lots and go shopping, which now I am regreting not buying those flower wedge shoes kel!! The weather was not so much favorable, and I missed my Almee terribly. He had to stay because of school, but came down Friday after classes. It's pathetic how much I missed him. It was 2 nights away (the longest we've ever gone) and I know people go lots longer than that...but I have to wonder how. We were able to visit some of our dearest friends Mike and Tia and their little precious, and stop off to see my grandpa Bubba. It was cool to see him holding Jagger and think that he's a great-grandpa. It was a very nice weekend despite one of my initial reasons for coming down being foiled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Coley! How fun! My mom went to womens conference too. I wouldnt even attempt to bring Sienna to womens conference! Shes bad enough at church! Im excited to see you at Kristens wedding!
fun. i was suppose to go but it didnt work out with my schedule. fun that you got to spend some time with the fam too. i always love that!
I had so much fun Nicole!! I'm so glad you came down. How did Alma like the top you got? Those shoes were super cute...do you want me to send them to you? Maybe you should have tried them on though!! haha! I'm glad you got back safely!!
I would also like to go to Women's conference sometime. This year my aunt gave a talk. Too bad you didn't get to go, but it still sounds like a fun weekend.
Post a Comment