Thursday, August 9, 2007

string lake

After the boys got back from their climb and took a nap, we all headed out to String Lake, which is right by Jenny Lake. The water there is well, not warm, but I made a previous commitment to myself that I was going to go in...all the way in. As Alma was counting down to the run-in, I told him I didn't want to run because the rocks would hurt my feet. He told me to wear my flip-flops. I said the water would weigh them down and I would fall. He said we'd go slow. Slow to a 6'4'' man and me are two very different things, and what do you know, I fell in. I was planning on getting in anyway so I guess that just quickened the process :) Jagger just hung out on the beach, went for a little float in the raft, and sat in the shallow area for just a little bit. He wore his cool new outfit that yes, will keep him from ever getting lost because of the ridiculously bright neon colors, but also will keep him from getting sunburned. His cool grandma got him that because the material keeps those harmful rays away...thanks mom! We had a great time and got some great pictures as you can see!



















2 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

THESE ARE THE CUTEST PICTURES EVER!!! Every time I would look at a picture I would say (outloud, by myself) "Oh that is so cute!" ... then I would scroll down and repeat "Oh THAT is SO cute!" I am so glad you took so many pictures. It looks like you guys are having a blast! I have four comment's about this post:
I love how Alma holds Jagger like a football.
Jagger has hair now!
Totally cute bathing suit! Where did you get it?
I love the triumph picture (I'm assuming was taken after you fell in the water ... brutal
I love this post. I'm glad you guys are having such a blast! We'll see you in two days!

mattnbeth said...

jagger is getting so big. i love his big blue eyes! and you look great. love the swim suit. looks like a great day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails