FRIDAY: Picked Mom up from the airport and went shopping!! I got Jagger a new bathing suit, mom got him some new summer tanks and shorts and one of my favorite books growing up. (There's a Monster at the end of this Book.) Alma met up with us and we all ate at our favorite Mexican Restaurant, Garcias. Yum!
SATURDAY: We decided to go to Mesa Falls. We made the 45 min. drive up there just to have the mile pass that separated us from our destination closed because of plowage...or lack thereof. Man, even though it was a nice day in Rexburg, I forget that there is still a ton of snow everywhere else close to the mountains. Oh well. So we got out, took some pictures and then decided to stop at my favorite park in St. Anthony for our picnic. This is when we discovered Jagger's new and absolute LOVE for swings! Not with us, but by himself. He was so funny...squealing, smiling, and laughing. That night we watched 27 Dresses, which I liked a lot. Pretty girlie (thanks for stikin in there Almee) and predictable, but I still really enjoyed it.
SUNDAY: Jagger started to get really wheezy and just wasn't himself. So we went to Sacrament Mtg. and then laid low the rest the day.
MONDAY: Took Jagger to the Dr. for his "well check" appt. and to ask about the wheezing. I guess it's just allergies. Then I put my mom to work. My mom is the kind of person to have around for a project. She will stick in there until it gets done...and does a great job. So this weeks project that I chose was to decorate our bedroom--finally! We have all the other rooms in our apartment painted and semi-looking nice, but our bedroom has just been ugly, white, and mismatched. So we went into Idaho Falls to shop for fabric, paint, etc. I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for (I mean I had an idea) but I knew what I DIDN'T want...and that seemed to be all that was in the stores. Finally we decided to hit up one last fabric store before going home and as they were closing I found the EXACT fabric that I HAD to have for my duvet cover!!!! It was beautiful. We bought it and my diligent mother started on it right away. We went to The Backyard for dinner and picnicked at the park across the street in celebration of Cinco de Mayo.
TUESDAY: Worked on the duvet cover...and some other stuff I can't seem to remember.
WEDNESDAY: Went to the temple with my madre, then she was nice enough to babysit Jagger while we went on a real date...one OUT of the house! We went and saw Horton Hears a Who, which we both really liked, then ate at Taco Time (I know, not the most glamorous/date-like place to eat, but that's what we were both craving...and it was cheap!) and then watched a soccer game at the fields in the pouring rain. It was so much fun and certainly something out of the ordinary.
THURSDAY: Alma and I had a ward sealing assignment in the wee hours of the morning. But it was really nice to be able to do them for the first time in the Rexburg Temple. Then Alma's Basic Skills class is taught by one of my really good friends and it was dutch oven cooking class which Jagger and I were invited to attend. So we all went to Alma's class and had some yummy peach cobbler. When I got home mom and I painted our room, which turned out FABULOUS!!! We chose a slate blue for all walls and then the one behind our bed is a damask stripe. Our room is still in the making (drape fabric being sent up from Salt Lake and pictures needing to be framed) but when it is all done rest assured there will be pictures!!! Just with the new bedding and paint it looks a million times better! Alma and I call it our hotel room because it looks so fancy. Sigh, why we didn't do this a year ago?? I have no idea. But I love it so much I will probably want the same room when we move! That night mom and I went to see Maid of Honor. Which had its good parts, but overall not my favorite. Don't know that I would recommend it.
FRIDAY: Took the mamma back to the airport. And I got sick. Not a very fun day. THANKS FOR VISITING MOM and for all your help!!! We love you.


3 comments:
FUN, FUN!!! What a great time! Maybe we will get to stop in and say hello and check out that great room of your when we are in town next week!!
Holy Shmoley!!!! What a fun week! I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of the beautiful weather! There is nothing like having mama around. Oh man, when mentioned Backyard in your post I started drooling! Temple and Backyard are on our definite "to do's" when we visit Rexburg in the future (whenever that may be). I'm SO glad you had a fun time!
Horray! I am so glad that you had such a fun time! Its so great to hae family around! Wahoo! You did some really incredible things!
Post a Comment