my good friends at work threw me a baby shower and it was so fun to get together and have everyone fuss over me...and the baby :) i've been so stinkin excited to meet our little girl anyway, but now i'm even MORE excited to dress her up in all the cute things she got! we had a delicious spread, played some fun games, and i enjoyed seeing my friends outside of the normal environment (work or church) that we usually are in when we hang out. now all i will need to buy are some accessories...which are certainly not needs...such as tights, earrings, bracelet, cardigans, etc. just extra girlie stuff. i wonder if she'll have hair?? well, i get to go back to seeing the midwives and have an appointment this friday, so i'll update then. i'll also work on convincing alma to do another photo shoot of my big ol belly :)
alma's job trip was not so much successful...at least we haven't reaped any of the benefits yet. he applied at REI in colorado springs and we were really hoping he would get the job. they called a week ago and told him out of 400 applicants they narrowed it down to 20 and he was one of the 20. they just wanted to make sure he was still interested. totally! so the lady said we would find out this past week, and if we didn't hear from them to call on sunday. we didn't hear anything, so alma called. come to find out, they really like him and he's at the top of the list...but they decided not to hire right now and just cross train some of their existing employees. lame. so now we are back to the drawing board. and have added another plan to the list:
plan I...travel the country, see the sites, and visit friends and family along the way for a couple months until we hear about plan D. we would take one of these, which could be totally sweet!
so lots going on over here. still no idea what's going on, but i'll try to update the best i can...


9 comments:
I am so excited for your little girly too! And I am also excited about your plan I - well, at least if it includes traveling all the way out here. We would have a blast. Anyway, Job stuff is so annoying, but something will work out. Good Luck!
Your shower lookes like it was a lot of fun! It is great news the baby is still cooking. Sorry about the job not working out. We have had 7 months of job hunting, interviews, and disappointments. Something will eventually work out for both of us!!! I really am likeing your plan I right now!!
I hope your pregnancy keeps going well. That cake looks yummy too. I hope Alma finds a job soon too. Good luck!
In reply to your comment - the beanie was from a kiosk in the University mall in provo - you can probably get them at little cutesy stores online too. And Stella does kind of know you - at least your pictures, but I agree... we need to move close together so our kiddos can be best little buds...seriously! I hate being so far from everyone who matters most.
hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you.
i cant divulge the pattern but i'm selling them for $3 each or 4 for $10 i'll be posting the fabrics soon but i have a plain light blue and red (power ties) and a yellow will blue dots, and these really cute cowboy or amarican flag fabrics. each tie can be snaped on in two different sizes.
let me know if you are intrested and like i said i'll try to post the fabrics tomorrow so you can see them or you can just come over...
We can't wait to see you guys when we come back! Hopefully you'll be aruond before and at least a little after the little girl comes! Does she have a name? Also -- Did you get the little card that I sent you Nicole? HOpe so! Take care, the MacDonalds
The blog that is giving away the cute little onesie and shoes is Makeitandloveit.blogspot.com
Your belly is super cute, but I already told you that :)
your shower looked darling! and I am so excited for you to have that baby girl, she's just going to be darling with all those accessories and all. YEAH!
I am so excited for you guys. It sounds like you have big changes approaching. Change is good and refreshing. What are you going to name your little girl? I can't wait to see her as I'm sure you are too. Talk to you later.
Post a Comment