Saturday, March 10, 2007

deFEETed


This past week I have certainly been unlucky. Looks as though I've been viciously attacked by some monster? Well, I was in a sense. Earlier this week I thought my big toe would be strong enough to hold the fridge open as I tried to decide what I wanted to eat for a midnight snack...well, it wasn't. I underestimated the weight of the fridge and the bottom of it slashed the top of my toe in two areas causing blood to squirt out. If this is too graphic or gross, you might want to stop reading now. Then on Thursday I was hurring to check on Jagger who was sleeping with his face in a pillow on the couch and the coffee table jumped out at me out of nowhere and attacked my pinky toe! Well, not quite out of nowhere, it's where it always is, but apparantly I misjudged the placement of the leg. I usually try to walk a stubbed toe off, but this one brought me to my knees screaming and crying, which in turn made Jagger do the same thing...he's a great sympathiser! When I looked at my toe, it had about an inch inbetween the next one! I freaked out thinking it was broken or dislocated. Would it look like this forever? What an ugly freak toe. My toes are already pretty freakish looking. What if I couldn't wear any of my shoes anymore!!! Sad to say this was one of my biggest fears about the whole ordeal. What can I say, I love my shoes. I kept ice on it all day and didn't move much, it swelled and bruised really well, Alma pulled on it when he got home, and it has progressively gotten better over the past few days. I won't know til the swelling goes down what my new pinky toe will actually look like...hold your breath for me that it goes back to "normal".

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You poor thing:( I always feel like I injure myself lately--maybe that happens when you have a kid.

Kristen Parnell said...

GOOH!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails