Tuesday, March 6, 2007

idiosyncrasies


Here are just a few things about me that you probably don't know unless you're close friends, family, or Alma. The things that make Nicole Nicole, some things that I wish were just not so, and a little insight into some of the quirky things I do.

-I use the delete botton on the keyboard instead of backspace...even if it means using a shortcut like on our new computer so I'm actually having to push two buttons to delete instead of just one.

-I never touch public door handles with my hands unless it is absolutely necessary...and I'm not really a germ freak. Alma used to think I was giving him the opportunity to be a gentleman as I waited in front of the closed door. He has since come to know that I do the same thing with friends, family, and even my 5 year old kids at work!

-I don't drink out of restaurant glasses without a straw...I swear I'm not constantly thinking about germs, but this makes it sound like I am.

-I must crumple trash into the smallest wad of paper possible before throwing it away. (ie: straw sheaths, kiss wrappers, pieces of small paper) Although if it is too large, I must rip it in half...which has caused some turmoil as far as digging through the trash for things that I wish I hadn't thrown away, only to find that that number I needed is now unreadable or only finding half of it...oops!

-I don't like home-made tacos. You have to make and prepare all the individual toppings only to sit down and have to assemble it and make more 'preparations' at the dinner table. Same thing goes with fajita's at a restaurant...I don't want to have to assemble or put together my food...I just want to shove it down my throat. :)

-I involuntarily make "mmm" noises at the dinner table if I am particularly enjoying a good meal.

-I still add with my fingers.

-I chew on the inside of my cheecks.

-I wear both my top and bottom retainers every night to ensure my teeth don't change. They are the same retainers I had when I got my braces off. I got my braces off 11 years ago.

-I am obsessed with money. I'm cheap, love to shop, and worry about our finances all of the time...all of the time, even when I have nothing to worry about. It drives Alma crazy.

-I single hiccup.

-I'm big on texture. Coconut is hairy. So is pulp, yuck!!!

-I have alien hand syndrome. Well, not really, but Alma always catches one of my hands is a really weird position while I'm doing something else. And i don't even notice. But when I do, it is really funny and I wonder how long it's been like that :)

-I love sleep, but for some reason have this thought process of "I don't want to go to bed because that means I have to wake up". Sounds crazy I know, but for example: I am writing this post instead of sleeping because I didn't want to sleep for a couple hours just to wake up and feed Jagger. I'd rather wait until his next feeding and spend that time dinking around. Although I'm sure I will pay for this in the morning.

Hopefully I have not lost any friends or embarrassed family members by this email. If so, forget you ever read it and love me.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I know a few people who agree with you on the taco/fajita thing. They don't want to have to assemble their meal. I am not one of them though, I would do anything for yummy mexican food.

Deb said...

Nicole, I LOVE your blog. Tell Alma to quit being a little ninny, suck it up and join in on the fun!! BTW, I never knew we had several of the same weird little traits. You're brave to share with the world. Keep it up... so much fun to check in and "hear" from you first hand!

Kelly said...

Love the pic Nicole:) I knew some of them--like making mmmm sounds when you eat. I never knew the whole door handle thing though!

Jenn said...

So that picture is totally you Nicole! I just love it and I am so glad you are a blogger too! Love ya!

The Sagers Family said...

hilarious details I never knew! You crack me up. I can relate to the door handle thing and the drink. I think having a baby makes you more aware of germs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails