Sunday, June 17, 2007

happy father's day!




What a special day it is to be able to celebrate our fathers in our lives! I first of all want to thank my own dad for being so wonderful and always making sure our family was provided for. You epitomize one of you favorite sayings dad, "Work hard, Play hard!" You find a perfect balance between the two and it is something I have always admired in you. You have a great sense of humor...wonder where I get mine from (hehe)...and I really love and appreciate you.




Dad Smith is just as great of a guy. To be one of Alma's heros says a lot, which makes you one of mine. He has never talked so highly of someone, and I really appreciate all you have done to mold Alma into what he has become today.








It has been an interesting Father's Day for us today. This morning we got a call from the Stake asking for a meeting. Alma has once again been called into the bishopric, but as 1st counselor this time. I am excited for the association it gives us in a ward, and I love supporting Alma, watching him grow, and seeing the tremendous blessings that come into our lives from his faithful service. Alma, I love you so much and am so grateful for you. You are an amazing father, and an even better husband. You are everything I want our children to be, and am so thankful for your patience, love and kindness. You're the best. I LOVE YOU!
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADS!!

5 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

I love your posts! That air show sounds like a blast! Please wish Alma a happy father's day for us! Nicole, he is really one-of-a kind. I have a secret... we knew he was going to be called into the bishopric!!! We wern't told explicitly, but Sean used his powers of deduction and we figured it out mwahahahaha! Congratulations is totally not the right word for it, but we are so excited for you guys and the opportunities and experiences you will be blessed with for such service :) We are so glad the 11th ward has you and that Pine View has you. We feel so blessed to know you guys! We hope you have a wonderful week! Good Sabbath :)

Anonymous said...

Nicole, that was one of the most beautiful tributes atao both your and Alma's dad. I have to agree with you, they are all three great men! We are so thankful for you and your sweet spirti, you are a great asset to our family. Did I ever tell I believe fully in evolution? Well I do. Just look at our kids and their spouses, they are definately better than us!and that is the way it should be-elvoving from good to better to bestest!! I love you,MOM

Andy and Melissa said...

Nicole,
This little post made me cry...but I'm blaming it on the pregnancy hormones. So sweet. I can't believe alma is in the bishopric again. Thank goodness you have little Jagger to keep you company on Sundays!

mattnbeth said...

wow, thats great. what a exciting calling. i love all the pics of your two boys. so cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great/kind words. I can't believe that Jagger is so big now! You both are great parents and it is so fun watching you 3 grow and mature. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Love Daddy Rick AKA; Grandpa Cletus

Related Posts with Thumbnails