30 minutes into this thing, we had wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. It's just a bunch of hicks (literally) dressed in rancher clothes who I can't understand playing some instruments. And I can usually appreciate all kinds of music.
At the intermission Alma and I questioned if we should even stay through the whole thing, but decided to stick it out. Boy am I glad we did!! The second half was like a whole new show! They had students giddy-uppin down the isles, clapping, and cheering. It was amazing to see how talented some of those hill-billies are with a fiddle, guitar, mandolin, and banjo!! Then the show closed with a young bluegrass band called "No Speed Limit". That is not just a clever name folks...I have never seen fingers move so fast! The lead singer was incredible! And I don't know why they are not super famous in the country industry...well, maybe they are...I don't listen to country. But you thought that dixie chick could fiddle? Well, she can and they put on a great concert, but these guys are the next best thing if you ask me!! It turned out to be a great night and a great concert. Thanks Alma!


6 comments:
Oh aren't date nights fun! Nicole - you look really beautiful in these pictures. (not like you usually don't - but you know what I mean=)
Sounds like it ended up being fun! DJ was going to go to this for his FA100 event but decided not to. I read the first half of your blog and told DJ "good thing you didn't go to that one!" the nkept readind, "Oh just kidding!" I love bluegrass, and I am glad that it ended up being great. I love your posts!
Girl, you look tres chic (what ever that means) in these pics. And Alma looks pretty nice too. Snazzy couple
I love that first picture of you two!!! You look absolutely gorgeous!!!! You two are such a cute couple!! I love you guys!! Hope you are doing well!!
I love the faces:) Wow...I'm sure that would be a very entertaining concert. It takes some great talent to do that I'm sure!
im glad it got better the second half. you look gorgeous in the pics nicole.
Post a Comment