Thursday, November 22, 2007

happy thanksgiving!!

Yeay for Turkey Day!! I love Thanksgiving! Of course for the food...but especially because we get to spend time with people we love and be especially reminded of how truly blessed we are and how much we have to be thankful for. I am thankful for so many things and am overwhelmed with gratitude. Here are just a few:

Alma
Jagger
Family
The Gospel (and everything that encompasses that!)
Naps
Prayer
Music
Temples
Hugs

We went out to Alma's Aunt Jewel's house for the afternoon to stuff our faces. There was so much food there and I got way too full way too fast!! Good thing we were sent home with some leftovers. This also brings me to some more specific things I was grateful for today:

Jewels love and hospitality.
Uncle Marvin's fudge
Pretzel salad
Aunt Ethelene

We also went out to have a bonfire...to burn some unmentionables, had hot chocolate, and roasted old crusty marshmallows. It was a COLD night. Which also brings me to another little list of thanks:

Heaters
Our apartment
Car
Electricity
Food
That I was not born in the cave man/woods/pioneer days!!


I am grateful for so many things that these little lists don't do justice, but I hope that everyone had a happy thanksgiving and safe travels!!

9 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

Love the bear outfit. And I need to Get Stella some little mittens. Where'd you get those? I too am thankful for pretty much everything on your lists. Missed you guys the thanksgiving!

ken said...

He's so cute in that last one he almost looks fake, like a little bear-doll!! That top picture on your right-hand column, the engagement picture, makes me smile every time I go on your blog. Still the best engagement picture I've ever seen-- you guys look amazing and coloring is unreal. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!!

stephanie and sean said...

I'm so happy you guys had such a wonderful thanksgiving :) The pictures you posted are absolutely beautiful :) Especially with the sun hitting the trees ... it makes the colors really stand out :) It also looks really cold there! We are still in autumn mode here. I hope that all is well :) Is it getting busy at pineview? (we really love Jaggers bear outfit by the way :)

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had fun at Jewels! That is always a blast. We are coming up there to go through the temple open house. Maybe we could meet up. Let me know.

Denise

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

Looks like you had a great thanksgiving! Yeah for hilodays! What would we do without them?

Joneel said...

LOVE your turkeys. So creative

ken said...

Hey!! Where have you been? I always come to your site because it's the most likely to have something new for me to look at!! :) I love it... so what have you been up to??

mattnbeth said...

i love the last pic of jagger. his teddy bear outfit is so cute! oh and i thought id let you know that while we were out of town, our freezer stopped working. came home to 292 bottle of bad breast milk! sad story.

Andy and Melissa said...

Looks like a little bear cub invaded your camp :). Be careful of the mama bear!

Andy

Related Posts with Thumbnails