Last night we had a ward FHE where we got together and assembled humanitarian kits for those in need. The stake does this every year and encourages the wards to participate by donating money. Our ward has been notorious for being extra generous...and this year was no exception! Alma told me the numbers, and I can't believe how much we gave! If you think about who it's coming from (being a married-student ward) that is pretty humbling and remarkable.
We had a great turnout, and our table was a well-oiled machine!!! We got all the kits assembled in like 15 minutes! (that is until we ran out of supplies) I was on soap duty. It was pretty funny to notice there were 2 different kinds of soap. Here these people have nothing (that is an assumption based on what was going into these kits) but now they have a choice!--hmm, do I want peach soap, or lavender based? It was nice to get together with friends in the ward, to enjoy being a minuscule but essential part of an assembly line, and know that our donations were used for things that could help others in need.


2 comments:
This post made me get a little misty. Okay a lot misty. I love the 11th ward. I will remember it forever. I love the turn out shown from your pictures. Such wonderful, generous people. Thanks for this post :) I'm sure Sister Brolumn will hug you and kiss you and cry as she tells you how beautiful you are and thanks the ward for their generosity... she just loves the humanitarian project ... oh it's wonderful! Now i'm just remenicing ... sheesh. Happy Wednesday.
Your pee comment made me giggle. I can't beleive how many people showed up - well actually I can. I never went to BYU-I but from what I know of BYU-U?(hehehe), the young couples in the church are always very generous and helpful. This post makes me miss the LDS atmosphere - never thought I would, but once your gone, you realize all the good things about it.
Post a Comment