Thursday, November 29, 2007

november's recipe

Better late than never!!
I was so surprised to see the amount of comments I received on my last post about the blog recipe swap!! The most comments I have ever had. But my excitement was short lived, considering no one did it but my sister Melissa (thanks!!). So I think I'll give it another shot and hopefully I will generate more of a response, and not just in comments :) I forgot to mention that I want dinner recipes!! I LOVE dessert more than the next fat person, but I need more main course recipes. THANKS!

POTATO SOUP

(I tried to find a more glamorous picture on the web, but decided to post my own so you know what it really looks like :)

2 c. potatoes
1 c. carrots
1 c. celery

Peel and chop up these ingredients, then put them in med. saucepan. Put in enough water to cover them and cook with 2 chicken bullion cubes.

1 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 c. flour
1 quart of half n half (or 2 c. cream, 2 c. milk)

Stir these next ingredients in a large pot (the one you are going to have all the soup in) until thickens on med. heat.
Pour in the veggies with the water.
Add cheese, salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning to taste. (I usually use a lot of cheese and am generous with the ranch powder.)

This makes a chowder-ish soup. If it is too thick, just add more water. ENJOY!

5 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

This looks good - and I am all into soups lately ... must be the season. I will be trying this one this coming week!

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Thanks for the recipe, but in my defense I did post a new pumpkin seed recipe. Pumpkin seeds for dinner? No that wouldn't end well is suppose :)

stephanie and sean said...

Totally. I'm on it.

mattnbeth said...

looks delish!

Deb said...

mmmm... I love potato soup. I thought I e-mailed you a recipe. Maybe I forgot. However, I was just given a recipe for biscuits from a friend of mine who got it from Oprah's personal chef. She says it's to die for... but you can't just have biscuits for dinner! I'll e-mail it and you can figure out something to put with it. Maybe Potato Soup!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails