Sunday, April 13, 2008

1st day of spring!

After looking and feeling homeless, we took a much needed break yesterday to enjoy the sunshine!!! It snowed last week...that's right, snowed on the 11th of April, so this was just what we needed to lift our spirits. We basked in the glow of the sunlight as we went shooting with our friends (and the men's managers) Stu, Lindsey, and baby Tate. Stu brought a bunch of clay pigeons to do some skeet shooting...which I am officially not good at. The false sense of confidence Duck Hunt gave me was a little embarrassing as I missed 3 out of 3...then called it good. The kick from the gun gave me a pretty sore shoulder today too! Luckily I redeemed myself with the stationary targets and my own rifle. (Yes we love to go shooting for those of you who find this very hard to believe)

Here are some pictures of the boys dinkin around.
Alma put mousse in Jagger's hair and I was laughing at this picture thinking he looked like the Grinch!

After we got done shooting, we decided it was way too nice of weather to go back inside. So we went to The Backyard, walked across the street to the park and had a picnic. We scarfed burger, hot dog, and fries, flew a kite (Jagger flew his kite all by himself!!), played Frisbee, and enjoyed being outside. We enjoyed it a little too much apparently because we all came home with pink faces. Poor Jagger has the rosiest, chubbiest cheeks. I just hope he inherited Alma's beautiful skin abilities or else this kid is going to have to be plastered with sunscreen...which he will NOT love...not even a little bit.

These are such typical faces of these two! It cracks me up.


I am hoping to scrapbook these pictures, but am tired of delaying my postings...
so maybe later.

6 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

holy shmoly what a WONDERFUL day! I'm so glad you shared :) Oh how I miss the Backyard... Sean and I were just talking about their serious goodness and how that is DEFINITELY one of the places we go when we're back in Rexburg (along with the cupcake and ho cho shop they decided to open up right AFTER we leave!). I hope you got my message on your machine. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for that WONDERFUL picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still grinning :) You guys are so stinkin' thoughtful. We can't wait to hang it on our wall!

Rachel Holloway said...

What a fun time! Mmmm....the Backyard....jealous. You have no idea what I would give for that right now. :)

I love the pic with the little guys in the ear coverings--why can't I remember the correct technical term that is probably listed in your blog, but I am too lazy to go back and check. :) VERY Cute! Glad you are enjoying such wonderfu; spring weather!

The Melnychuks said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun day, you deserve it after your crazy week. I love that picture of Jagger walking next to Alma!!! (we need to get that kid some longer shirts though...:)

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

This looks incredible! Of course it gets warm when we leave! -- what a long winter it had been huh? I love the pictures and it sounds like a great great day! (I am a little curious what you meant by feeling homeless though!) I hope the warm stays!

Angela said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! I'm totally jealous reading that you went to the Backyard because I have totally been missing that place! Love the pictures of Jagger too...even the "homeless" ones don't worry we all have those days! You probably have a better excuse for it than I ever do!

Andy and Melissa said...

I love that
jagger flies his own kite! So cute, and the picture of him on Almas shoulders looking down towards the camera - priceless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails