
Sorry for my slacking...but this dish is so stinkin delicious it will make up for me not posting a recipe last month! I PROMISE. You think you've had good lasagna?? You haven't had anything yet. (hope it's okay mom to let out the family recipe!)
This is a Steven's family delicacy and favorite!
1 lb. ground beef
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 Tb. dried basil crushed
3/4 tsp. salt
1 can of tomatoes, (approx. 20 oz)
2 6 oz. can tomato paste
8 or 10 oz lasagna noodles (I cook about 8)
3 C. cottage cheese
1/2 C. grated parmesan cheese (can)
2 Tb. dried parsley flakes
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 lb. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
Brown meat, add next 5 ingredients. Squish tomatoes (or I just buy crushed tomatoes), simmer uncovered for 30 minutes (be careful not to burn the bottom!).
Cook noodles till tender, drain and rinse in cold water.
In separate bowl, combine everything else except mozzarella.
Place 1/2 noodles in 9x13 baking pan, spread 1/2 cottage cheese filling, layer mozzarella cheese on top of that, then 1/2 of meat sauce. Repeat once more. **Do in that exact order! I once put the meat sauce first then the cheese, and it's just not a good...do not deviate if you want the true savory experience!
375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.
A great meal to have someone over to because it makes A TON! I made it just the other night and we scarfed it down so fast I forgot to take a picture!!


3 comments:
NO exaggeration!!! This is some good eatin'!!
Okay I have TOTALLY been looking for a good, tried and true lasagna recipe! I CAN'T wait to try this! Yum, I'm so glad you posted this :)
Oh I tasted this once and have never forgotten... MMM!
Post a Comment