Friday, October 17, 2008

book review


Alma and I just finished reading Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage. Boy was it a great read! It was hard to get into at first, introducing all the characters, such small writing, but once we got going, we couldn't stop! I am completely and utterly amazed at the hardships these men had to endure and overcome. The whole book was one big witness to me of the amazing love and power of our Heavenly Father. How aware He is of each of us individually. And how He helps guide our lives. I don't want to give any of it away, but would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to read about some miraculous miracles. Suffice it to say, Alma wants to name one of our boys Shackleton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

National Geographic made an AMAZING film regarding Shackleton's voyage, specifically this story of survival. It's available on Netflix.

What a great story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails