2 days ago
Thursday, October 9, 2008
conference
I am a little disgusted at myself for the lack of blogging...but I don't really know what to say. We had the most rockin conference EVER this past weekend, and for that I am so thankful. What a blessing it is to have living oracles to help, love, teach, and prophesy to us. I love the Brethren so much, I know that President Monson is our Prophet today, and I really, truly felt the truthfulness of the messages. It gave me the extra boost I needed (and I didn't even know I needed one). What I took away from conference was to be happy and live for every day. I like to think I do this anyway, but realized I could be a lot better. It's so easy to dream of life when you graduate, have a bigger family, are done working, etc. etc. etc. but the reality is our life is SO GOOD right now and we are SO HAPPY and I wouldn't have it any other way. I felt like I have done a really good job of absolutely loving and relishing Jagger at every stage in life, and hope I continue to do so always. I loved that a big part of living for today is recognizing your blessings are expressing gratitude. I am so grateful for the life that we have been blessed with. For the Church. And for everything and everyone that makes it great. I am trying really hard to stay optimistic (which is a challenge considering we have snow in the forecast this weekend...no!!) and find joy in the journey...and it's not that hard...we have a great life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
you do have a BEAUTIFUL life. you're such an example to me!! i'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend. i too felt to filled and replenished from the weekends messages :) (sigh) i'm a little sad it's over
That's the biggest feeling I took away from conference too & it was a really good kick in the pants for me that I really do have a great life & even though I wouldn't choose to be exactly where I am right now with my mortal perspective, I can choose to be happy now...and why not? I have so much to be glad about!!!
Post a Comment