2 days ago
Thursday, October 16, 2008
i am married to a man
I have seen a lot about this Proposition 8 on people's blogs lately, and had to add my 2 cents. If things in California don't go so well, aka: marriage is redefined, I am not okay with that. Not only are you allowing and encouraging something completely and morally wrong to take place, but you are then teaching others it is acceptable and even likable. But the main concern Alma and I have is the definition of marriage. The word MARRIAGE will no longer mean 'a lawful union between man and woman'. It will mean something different. And we didn't sign up for that. We want to be married, to be recognized as a married couple, and when people see my wedding ring they shouldn't need to wonder if I am 'married' to a man or woman. By allowing this to happen they are taking away our right as a married couple to be called as such, and all the other marrieds out there. We live in a world where people call good bad and bad good. Allowing homosexuals to get married is calling bad good. It is not moral. It is not right. My mom sent me this link and I can't stop thinking about it! Please watch it. I was so shocked that this ridiculous school would go to these extremes. Anyone from California that may read this, I plead with you to vote morally November 4th and help all of us who are married to keep our sacred definition of the word.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I didn't sign up for that either - lame... I sure hope it works out RIGHT!
Amen to that! Thanks for the signing info! I'm totally going to try it out. I don't want her watching tv either so I'll have to get the book. As for the fonts I use. I download them for free--I'm a total freeloader when it comes to scrapbooking. I STILL havn't bought anything except the photoshop elements program. Anyway, go to kevinandamanda.com and there are tons of free handwriting fonts. I like those because it still looks scrapbooky to me. Lt me know if you have any problems! :)
Thanks for posting that!
And this English woman agrees with you too!!
Regarding the previous comment:
I don't think it's so much that they're saying the state has the right to decide what marriage means. But at this point, it is pretty clear that the state is going to make a choice one way or the other, for it has been done already. The goal here is not so much defining marriage in order to exclude people, but to prevent the legalizing of same-sex marriage. This is being done to preserve society, for society is only as strong as its families.
If the state doesn't define marriage one way or the other, fine; but if the state is going to define one way or the other, then we had better make a stand for the right. If gay marriage is legalized, then churches who don't comply with that will be breaking the law and can be prosecuted. Whether the state has a right to define marriage or not is not the issue. They ARE defining it, and we can influence which way it will be defined.
Anna Brooksby
Don't support the corporations that don't support traditional marriage. Granted we believe that marriage is as an eternal principle one man and one, or more, women.
McDonald's, Apple and Google all supported no on 8. Give up the Big Macs, ditch your iPod if you have one and don't use google.
BTW blogger is part of google so delete your blog, follow the prophet, support traditional marriage and tell your family & friends
Post a Comment