
So one of my RA's is a vocal major. She told me at the beginning of the semester that her accompanist bailed last minute and asked if I wanted to do it! Um, for those of you who don't know...that's a lot of pressure. I go to her lessons once a week and play for her during her recitals, juries, and any other performances she does. If I mess up, I could very possible mess her up. It's a big deal. And yeah I'm pretty confident on the piano, but am I that good?? So I said yes, and get paid a little (so that's nice) and things have been interesting. I think her teacher is like "hmmm...let's see which pieces are really challenging for the pianist and go at lightning speed...oh, ok, I found 3 so far." Good thing I have all semester to practice them :) It's been really good for me though to have a reason to practice the piano, to broaden my skill, and to be in the music scene a little bit more.


6 comments:
Nicole, you'll do awesome. I know that's intimidating but it sounds like it could be really fun too...good luck!
Anna
sweet picture!!! did you do that effect with your camera or with photoshop?? well, i miss you guys and hope your doing well. thanks again for helping me out with those questionnaires. things are pretty busy this week, but hopefully i'll be able to call you on sunday or sometime next week. love you! give eachother a hug for me.
oo fun! Enjoy! We all need reasons to do the things we love!
Oh good luck! I've really been wishing lately that I had a piano. I'm craving developing some talents! You're doing so well at pursuing good things!
I'm sure you're doing a great job, Nicole! For you to be worried about it shows you won't mess it up for her! :)
whoa what a challenge!!! you are totally up to it Nicole! Sometimes, certain amounts of pressure can be good, used to spur us on ... basically I agree with everything you said and am WAY proud of ya! i'm totally calling you tonight, so prepare yourself! :)
Post a Comment