We had free tickets from our boss to go to the circus in Idaho Falls Tuesday! We were really excited to take Jagger. Alma and I had both been when we were little and remembered it being fun...this one...not so much. Actually it was fun, but not what we expected. From one of my last posts you can tell it is not so much summer here, even though it's the middle on June. It was not in a circus tent or inside like we thought, but outside in 60 MPH wind!!! It was ridiculous! Stunts were attempted but not executed, we saw spandex (spandex people!) blowing in the wind, and were pretty chilled through by the end of the excitement. Among some drunken Mexican clowns, hula hoopers, and tight rope walkers were some pretty cool things. Some of my favorites were:
Louisa and partner on the trapeze (no not because of his flapping stretchy pants or her thong...do you know anyone who can surf on a girl holding her with his mouth?!! The wind didn't seem to bother them...they were Russian.)
The black bears doing tricks such as riding a rocking horse, balancing on a wheel, and scooting a scooter!
Mr. Martini's performing poodles (sorry no pic.)
The one of three girls that attempted (and actually succeeded) to dance around in pretty cloth, I believe her name was Rowina.
The delicious nachos we purchased.
The death defying motorcycle cage which had 2 riders from LAS VEGAS (woo, woo!)
And my VERY favorite was the elephants!! They were totally awesome! They are my favorite animal by far...


4 comments:
Hi this is the Newman's from your old ward 69th ward at UV. I just saw your blog and thought I'd say how cute and big your little boy is! Your family is precious! Your blog is way cute too!
the circus?!?! that is a once in a life time experience! Personally, I have never been to a circus like this! sad huh? looks like fun fun fun! The dancing bears look very talented!
I love that there is a bear on a rocking horse. Hahaha
I'm shocked that a circus came to Rexburg! Pretty sure that's the coolest thing ever! I like that it was outside. Those little tents kind of freak me out.
Post a Comment