Monday, June 16, 2008

father's day

We had a wonderful day today. I just wanted to wish my own daddy a happy father's day and tell him thank you. Dad, you're the best. Thanks for always being there for me and never judging me. You have a great sense of humor and an amazing work ethic. I admire your desire to constantly improve yourself. You have been a great example to me lately of faith. You are a great dad...and a wonderful grandpa! We can't wait to see you in Hawaii!

We also love you Dad Smith! You have been such a great example to Alma in his life. He looks up to you and I know he turned out the way he did in large part because of you. Thanks for being so cool :)

We spent the morning with friends eating some delicious new breakfast items! German pancakes and maple syrup pancakes?...something good like that. Church was great as usual...and JAGGER WENT TO NURSERY for the first time!! He isn't technally 18 month until July 1st, but I was teaching the lesson so I thought we'd give it a try. He did great (so they say, what I want to know is what happened when he didn't have any more snacks) and it's nice for all of us to be able to do what we'd like to do (Us: listining and participating in the lessons. Jagger: running around, playing with toys, eating snacks, and being the care-free crazy maniac that he is...hates being confined, therefore hates sitting through sacrament meeting.)

Jagger drew Alma a picture which we framed and gave him a rubber band powered plane. I got him all the equipment we'll need for fun in the sun this summer: beach towels, sunglasses, and a couple swimsuits. Alma is the best dad ever!! He is so patient and kind and fun with Jagger. Every day I watch him with Jagger makes me resolve to be a better mother. They are best little friends. Instead of posting pictures this year, I decided to share some of the many crazy videos of the two of them playing around. This is what they do all the time together. Jagger sure takes Alma's messing around with him pretty well. We love you Alma. Thanks for being so wonderful.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta Love the Laugh!! It was great fun to see you guys messing around and having a good time! Thanks for the kind and loving comments! You guys are the BEST!! I love you!

Jentri said...

love the water one. Where was it done?

stephanie and sean said...

I've watched these over and over and my heart melts every time. I'm so grateful to know Alma. Sean and I are so much better because he's in our world. There are just some people who make life better and brighter and you and Almee are some of those peolple for us. Okay, enough with the mushy gushy, Jagger's cuteness is getting quite ridiculous. I mean it. He's just so cute I can't stand it! I love the way he looks at Alma in these movies.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

hey! Glad it was agreat fathers day.. the monkey video is my favorite! jagger is so cute!! (and tough)

Bonnie said...

He is looking more and more like his daddy! How cute! When are you going to have another one? Jagger is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails