Monday, July 28, 2008

island park

Well, we ended up getting a late start on Friday and made it up to West Yellowstone around dinner time. We had a BBQ with Brad and Denise and kids, swam at their pool, and played around for a while. Then we drove back to Island Park to stay the night. Our room was nice except for the unusually hard bed that was provided...(who am I kidding, it was a crap rock hard bed.) We barely slept at all that night. I think Jagger got the best nights sleep and he slept in the bathtub! (We forgot the port-a-crib.)

cousins Cambria, Gavin, Garret, and Ella

Saturday morning we drove back into West Yellowstone to meet up with Denise and crew, but they were heading back home to I.F. We were hoping to see them a little more and hang out, but they had already been there 6 days so I don't blame them. Instead of driving all the way into Yellowstone, we opted to just hang out for the day, do some browsing, take some leisurely walks, eat some food, and head back home. I found a camouflage hoodie for $4 people, and we got Jagger (or Mr. Cool) some sweet shades. Not that we were ungrateful for the free room, but there was NO WAY we were going to attempt to sleep on that sorry sack of a mattress again! I actually had to stop by the office and have a 'word' with the receptionist about our stay. I stated something to the effect of: "How do you sleep at night?...if it's on those beds you provide your answer would be not at all." The lady said I was the first to complain and apologized. That must have been her first day.


On the drive home we passed so much beauty: wildflowers, greenery, mountains. We had a bought of spontaneity and decided we needed to pull over to frolic in the foliage. Whilst Jagger slept, we danced, pranced, rolled around in itchy flowerbeds, and got in touch with the inner beast letting out growls and yells (of course documenting the whole thing). We also stopped by Lower Mesa Falls which was very beautiful. All in all it was a great getaway even if it did last a little over 24 hours. We are blessed to live by things that are so beautiful, even if we do live in Rexburg :)

7 Brides for 7 Brothers anyone?? (Yes I did sing that song while twirling through the flowers :)

9 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

man oh man you guys are cool! I LOVED your frolick pictures! I had to call Sean from the other room just so he could see 'em too! Sorry about your crapy beds. I dont' blame you for heading outta there! Other than that, I'm glad you had a terrific weekend. Idaho really is a beautiful place. I wish we had seem more of it before we moved :)

Joneel said...

Oh man, we were just up there about a month ago. It is beautiful. Too bad it has to get so cold in the winter. We stayed in Colter Bay. Beds were just o.k., if that. Nauvoo Family Inn had good beds. = )

Unknown said...

oo lal la! Quite the kissers in the flowers! Looks beautiful! I am glad that you said something to the lady about the beds! But it sure is beautiful out side of rexburg isn't it? We did not discover that until the summer before we left! Which meant we only had about two months to enjoy it before that crazy winter. We were not explorers before then. I am glad that you guys are!!!

tiffany garfield said...

The comment about the bed is hilarious! The pics are awesome! It looks like you guys had a blast and it's seriously beautiful! We need to go but I'll need to wait till I have this baby. Can you imagine a fat prego frolicking in those flowers? haha. Not exactly a kodak moment... or is it? haha. Glad you had fun!

Andy and Melissa said...

I am always a little jealous when I know you get to see some of the fam. Looks like you guys had fun, especially frolicking around. :)

Jentri said...

I love the daisy shot! It's totally awesome!

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

How cool! You guys do the funnest things! Jagger is cute as always and always smiling. Love the pics

Jennie and Spencer said...

Nicole, I love you. I would have sang the same song or the hills are alive. :) I can't believe how big Jaggar is getting. They grow up to fast. You can sing "slipping through my fingers" from Mama Mia for that one. :)

The Riries said...

Lol-you guys are so funny. And that's so crazy we like almost have twin callings! How are your guys' callings going?

Related Posts with Thumbnails