Sunday, July 13, 2008

weekend of fun

We have been really busy around here with our apartment complex since it is the end of the semester. But Friday I called my good friend Alisha last minute to see if she could babysit Jagger because Alma and I wanted to go out to eat...and eating with Jagger in a restaurant these days is like pulling teeth. Thankfully they came over and Alma and I had a plan to ride a tandem bike around town, then go eat somewhere locally. We went to rent the bike and it was broken...and so were our plans. So we decided to go to the Riot Zone instead and play a round of miniature golf. It ended up being so much fun, the perfect weather, perfect company, perfect date! I even got a hole in one...3 times!!! Thanks again Dustin and Alisha for watching Jagger!

Saturday night was the demolition derby! I had never been to one before and didn't know what to expect. There were just a bunch of crap cars painted all crazy and it was just a free for all of who could be the last car running. It was hilarious! We really liked the crash test dummy car and the old white beater 357 you can see in one of our pictures. He was absolutely merciless as he would bash into a car, back up and bash the same car again, and again, and again. The last time he did it he got stuck under it as you can see. He ended up winning it all plus the $100.00 bonus for the most aggressive driver! Jagger went nuts! He loved watching all the excitement. There was even a pig race (which is the picture with all the people...you can't even see the pig!). Jagger loved watching all the birds as much as the big cars. He even learned the sign for it that night and kept doing it every time he saw one...so smart! Anyway, we had a great weekend full of fun things we have never done together before!

3 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

I went to a demolition derby once - best thing ever. I wanted to enter the next year - and paint my car hot pink and blast britney spears "hit me baby one more time" out of it. Wouldn't that be hilarious...I think so at least. I am sure I would be nervous at first, but the second someone smashed into me... it would be on.

Jordan and Jodi said...

Gosh I didn't realize how long it had been since I looked at blogs--a few weeks. I had some catch'n up to do. You guys have done some really fun things! I love all the pictures! Jagger has the cutest smile!

Deb said...

I went to a demolition derby in Idaho a while ago with Andy, Vince & Tiff. It was a blast! Bunch of crazy Idahoans... Looks like you guys had a good time. Have to say, I LOVE the bottom pic of the fam. Especially Jaggers sweet belly!! It's AWESOME!

Related Posts with Thumbnails