Tuesday, September 8, 2009

royal gorge and apples

2 weekends ago we went to cross off another couple things on our CO bucket list, a pick-your-own-fruit orchard, and the royal gorge. the weather was absolutely perfect as you will see and it was really fun to get our apples right off the tree. they made some perfectly delicious apple crisp that we enjoyed just recently!











check out this beauty of a mullet!


the royal gorge was one big exploitation, but still worth it. the bridge is the highest suspension bridge in the world! from previous posts, you will know how extremely uncomfortable and squeamish that would make me feel...but i did it. yes, yes, i walked across the bridge. it was windy. it was unstable. and there were cars that drove on it and made the boards move. gulp. it was such a fun day to be able to spend with my little family.







what else would one do on a bridge so high?? we couldn't resist!



this picture does NOT do the height justice...



in the tram that took us to the bottom of the mountain
our special boy


mamma and vienna at the bottom (the bridge is in the background)



6 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

whoa scary! you guys are so brave :) those apples look delicious!!! i love your spit pictures. actually, i love all your pictures.

Marcie said...

Hi Nicole! I am so glad you found our blog :) You guys need to make a visit to Texas, and we can meet!!
I used to live in Colorado when I was younger, and I loved it!! We went to the Royal Gorge several times...it is very cool!!!
By the way, your kids are so cute! I have heard lots of stories about Jagger, and I think he is hilarious!
Hopefully we will get to meet soon! :)

Josh and Cambree said...

Nicole, your hair is getting so long! I love it and I'm proud of you for not chopping it :)

Kim said...

I love your pictures! Especially the spitting ones :) What kind of camera do you have? Jagger is such a cutie. We need to get together again sometime, it was so great to see you at Easter.

Jeff and Keshia said...

Nice distance on the lougies dudes.

Jeff and Keshia said...

That is one handsome young man!

Jeff

Related Posts with Thumbnails