so i guess it's time i filled everyone in on what we're doing here. me, see post below. alma, now that's a little more complicated. we moved to CO because we knew that's where we were supposed to be right now, but didn't have a job. when we moved here, it just so happened that alma's dad (who's a local chiropractor) was starting up a new business. basically he was contacted by a successful mattress company who wanted to start selling their mattresses through retailers. there are only about 12(ish?) people who own the rites to different places in the US to sell these mattresses. they are sort of the pilots, if you will, before the company decides to franchise. so alma's been helping his dad get the store set up in the mall, marketing to doctors, and all that other crazy busy stuff that happens when you start up a business.
the company is natural form. they have already been very successful and have a beautiful product. i say beautiful because this mattress is just that. it allows me to sleep better than i've ever slept in my life. if you care...here's a little bit about it and why they are so great:
the mattress has self adjusting air bladders (9 on each side) that automatically adjust to you while you sleep. that means it eliminates pressure points, which equals great sleep and no soreness. i didn't even realize i was waking up sore until we got one of these beauties. on top of the air bladders is a 3'' pad of foam, then a zip on wool covering. the cool thing about the wool is it keeps you warm in the winter/cool in the summer. and let's not pretend we don't sweat when we sleep. we do...a lot. and we all know wool is the best for wicking away moisture. so that's about it. that is the mattress. and that's what alma and his dad have been up to. (i know i totally sounded like an infomercial giving my testimonial and all...it was more just meant to inform you :)
they also sell whole body vibration machines at the store that help with balance, cellulite, toning, alignment, etc.
so i've also been busy helping to design/produce flyers, business cards, posters, etc. and that's been fun to help everyone's ideas come to fruition.
the store location: before

natural form colorado store, located in the chapel hills mall: after

whole body vibration machine


tearing down the plastic the night before its opening









5 comments:
ahh that is SO exciting! I hope the business does well. Those mattresses sound amazing
That is great! It takes a lot of faith to just pick up and move and not know what will happen. How do those mattresses do with arthritic backs? My dad has a horrible back and needs a good mattress. Do you have further info you can send me about the mattresses? rebecca.ann.nelson@gmail.com
THANKs
Sounds like a fun adventure. The store looks awesome!
I wish I could tell you exactly how we got on the front page of Google, but we only have guesses. Google keeps it a secret of how to do it, so we tried everything! Dustin thinks that by having more than one website it kicked us up top. It somehow linked my blog with my website (we think it was cause our address on my blog, which I'm not a huge fan of... but it worked)
He also registered me for google maps, and put in a TON of keywords. You can see what he did if you google me and see what stuff he put in the info on the map link.
I wish I could help you more...but that was all we did. I hope you get up there! Let me know if you have any questions about what I said... I might not have been clear :)
So I'm laying on my bed right now, and it is no longer good enough. We NEED the Natural Form. Honestly hearing what you had to say about it made me want to go out and buy and new mattress.
Hey chica! Love the store! The lighting's amazing! I can't believe your parents moved to Texas! Smart move, if you ask me... :) jk (sortof) Looks like you're doing so well! What a beautiful family! I miss you! And I love your pictures....
Post a Comment