Monday, February 25, 2008

a house full of sickies


Over the long weekend our friends Mike and Tia came to visit with sick little Annabelle. They stayed with friends/family DJ and Jessi, who also had a sick Annica. Alma and Mike went snowboarding in Jackson on Saturday, so Jagger and I hung out with the ladies. Unfortunately Jagger got a runny/snotty nose. Alma became sick as a dog Thursday night with the flu. Temperature at 102, chills, headache, body aches...he was in real rough shape. He didn't get out of bed all Friday (and if you know Alma, that's a big deal!!) Luckily I had felt fit as a fiddle and am so grateful I had my health so I could take care of my boys. I am happy to note that both are feeling much better now, and the sickies are almost gone!!
**disclaimer: I am not sad that we hung out with our friends that weekend...it was so much fun to see you, and was worth spreading germs :)**

8 comments:

Mike and Tia Fam said...

Awww, poor jaggy and Alma! I am sorry we spread our germs but it was so nice to see you all! I feel at least a little bit justified in my laying on the couch all day Tuesday if Alma did it on Thursday, because he is deffinately tougher than I am. Well thanks for risking your health to see us . . . and I'm glad you didn't get sick so you could take care of those boys! We love ya and hope that the next time that we see you it'll just be good CLEAN (germ free) fun!

Angela said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your sick boys!! That is never fun!! I thought it was so funny when you said you were jealous of me being in Vegas because I'm kind of jealous that you're in Rexburg. (Not the cold though I don't miss that) We just haven't made too many friends here yet. Don't get me wrong we really are enjoying it here but we miss our friends and the atmosphere in Rexburg...so enjoy it while you are there!! It doesn't last forever even though it may seem like it sometimes... As for the van its great! I highly recommend it!! Thanks for commenting on our blog...it always makes me feel special to get comments!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

I am sooo sorry!! This is miserable, a bad weekend to be sick.. I am glad they are doing better and the Jagger didn't get as bad as Alma, and that you did not get it. But I am sooo sorr that Jagger got the runny nose and Alma got so sick... tell Alma I am sorry I teased him about "asking" for it when I saw him at the grocery store. I was just kidding, and I bet it was so miserable. I hate being sick. Hope all stays better! Have agreat week!

stephanie and sean said...

I'm so glad your boys are feeling better. I hope you have been able to dodge the germs. I feel a cold coming on and am trying to do EVERYTHING to keep it at bay :) Hope you're having a great week !!!

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh man. We just got over the flu here - well about a week ago now I guess. I felt so horrible, I feel for Alma. I wanted so bad to just lay in bed, but I had to take care of Stella of course, and its not like Andy can just miss school to help out. I really appreciate my feeling well these days now that I know how horrible it can be to take care of a little one while feeling so achey- etc. You are so lucky you didn't get sick. My entire household was sick with something at the same time, so good job being able to stay healthy. I hope both boys only continue to feel better and better.

The Melnychuks said...

I'm glad everyone is doing better, and just wanted to say I made your salad creation and it was delicious!!! It was a magical taste of delectableness!! :) lol, oh, and I was also wondering if you have made anything out of that cookbook I got you for Christmas or your birthday or something... I'm not trying to pressure you into using it, I was just curious if you had found any good recipes worth sending my way! :) Well I love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Jordan and Jodi said...

Hey Nicole! I found you on someone else's blog, can't remember who? But I thought I'd drop you a line and say hi! Your family is so cute! How are your parents doing?

Theresa Rodriguez said...

i am curious as to where the sayings Sick as a dog and Fit as a fiddle came from. How is a fiddle fit and are dogs sick all the time? hope your family feels better soon! being sick sucks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails