
If anyone has ever had a migraine, you know the kind of pain I have been dealing with. I understand to the outsider, it seems as though it cannot possibly be as bad or as big of a deal as the migrainee makes it out to be. On the pain scale, I would accurately compare it to taking a sledgehammer to your left temple. Mine always happens behind the left eye socket and spans a space about as big as a grapefruit over towards my left temple. They are ALWAYS in that spot, never anywhere else. I get these migraines in clusters. When I saw the doctor a couple of years ago for these migraines that came up to 2-3 times a day, he told me there was nothing I could do, and that mine come in clusters. Meaning, I will be fine for a couple of months, then all of a sudden I get one to several a day for about a week.
Well, being the brilliant Chiropractor that he is, Alma's dad fixed me! I haven't had a migraine in such a long time I almost forgot it used to be an issue...until the chiropracting wore off and I have been suffering the worst case of these clusters for over a week! When I say suffering, I mean powering through because I did not want to take any medicine since they are so specific on what you can and cannot take while nursing. I had the worst one of my life the day before check-outs. Shakey, nauseous, faint...and in lots of pain! Luckily I did not have any during actual check-outs, but I have been making up for it ever since. I finally succumbed to whatever pain reliever they had at the gas station during my 3rd one of the car ride home to Vegas! I also took one Christmas Eve...and on the car ride back home! Dad Smith I need you!!!!! I am hoping to be on the downswing of these clusters for the next couple of months and hopefully will be able to get some intervention before they strike again!


1 comment:
You are a tricky blogger! We have to really pay attention to your blog because you sneak posts in!!! I'm so so sorry to hear that you have been having migrianes. I don't think I have ever had a migriane, but recently I have had sinus headaches and they are really debilitating and i can't even imagine what a migraine would do to me. I thought your comic at the beginning was really funny. Sean says that single malt wiskey works to get rid of his migraines (but I don't think that's true).
Post a Comment