Well, we have very exciting news to tell everyone!!
Alma has decided to change his career path...to work for CES!!!! (Church Education System) He was home teaching this past month, and the husband--who is in the final stages of this--started talking about his major and how awesome it is. Alma asked questions and the more he found out about it, a fire began to grow. He still thinks Dentistry would be an awesome profession and there is no doubt in my mind he wouldn't be THE BEST at it, but his heart is somewhere else. Since seriously looking into CES, everything has fallen into place...everything! It has been a complete answer to our prayers. With this career path Alma just needs a bachelors degree in ANYTHING. So they have a University Studies degree here that consists of a minor and 2 clusters (weird mini-minor things). He already has his 2 clusters in Biology and Chemistry, so now all he needs is a minor. And what would be the absolutely best, most fun thing for Alma--Rec. Leadership!!!! So he is going from death hard classes (that he can still use) to what he loves and comes naturally to him; the outdoors. He has been giddy the past couple weeks...we both have!
More pluses:
*We will graduate in 2 years or less!!...and that's it!
*When more school is desired, they will pay for him to get his masters! They don't have masters programs here at BYU-I, so we will probably end up at BYU (or for sure out of Rexburg)!!
*We will have gone through school with no debt!
*Alma gets to work for THE man!!
*The Church takes care of you. Yes it will be a major pay cut from being a dentist, but we don't care about the money...and we will always have enough.
*Alma will get to teach the gospel for a living. He calls it paid clergy.
*There are lots of opportunities for him to become a director/principal/etc...to grow and improve and get promoted.
*It's very conducive to a family lifestyle/family oriented, hello it's the Church!
*AND there are places around the world where CES is needed...maybe I really will get to live abroad!
We are both exstatic if you couldn't tell and just wanted to share this monumental milestone with our friends and family.


8 comments:
Wow!! Who's gonna fix everyones teeth? Just kidding. That is wonderful! We have a good friend here in the springs who teaches for CES(release time seminary and institute), he is awesome and I know you will be to. Keep us posted. Oh, and if you go abroad, expect some visitors!!
Hey guys, I think that's awesome. I can also relate to getting out of those "death hard" classes and making the BIG CALL to the parents to let them know of the change in paths. I'm happy for you and know Alma will be FANTASTIC for CES.
I've alrady said it, but CONGRATULATIONS! The moment I told Sean he said, "Perfect!" (just like I said he would). Lets face it, Alma would be absolutely brilliant at ANYTHING he wanted to do ... but we are so thrilled that he found something that he is really passionate about. That's a gift, and I"m glad Alma has it :)
hey! So we were telling my dad about this and he said, "wow alma will be great at that!" in his very satisfied and proud voice. we agree. sounds really great and we are so glad that theres peace about it. we can feel it from here! merry christmas!
Congrats! Who knew Alma and I would end up in the same major? Ha ha - it is the best and I'm glad you all are so excited for it :) Have a great Christmas - I hope white gloves and all that nonsense hasn't left you too warn out! Enjoy your break :)
Yea! I'm excited for you guys. And that sumo thing is crazy!!! Oh man!
I wanted to tell you that I did give Megan those papers at home and will make copies when we both go back next (YES!!) week! See you soon,
Kris
Congratulations! You sound so happy and I am excited for you!
I'm really happy for you guys. What a great feeling to think Alma will have a career that you'll both really love. Most people on this planet don't have that feeling. :)
Post a Comment