Monday, December 17, 2007

visiting teaching

I have really felt blessed to be able to do my visiting teaching this month. I finally got a hold of one of the girls I have been called to teach. She is inactive and by now probably thinks I am some sort of a stalker, which makes things a little difficult. I have talked to her a couple of times, but today I was able to visit with her. Despite my preconceived feelings, the awkward vibe I got, and the brief run-down in my head of how things would go, it was a wonderful visit!! She was very kind and we were able to talk pretty comfortably about a number of things and I was able to get to know her better. I really wanted to be her friend, and I think today was a good start. I did not come over with the lesson, because I didn't want her to feel like that was the only reason I was there. But I was able to share my epiphany on Charity and Christ, which was really nice. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to get to know her better and hope that this visit is only one of many to come.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails