Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new year!!!


This year is going to hold lots of great things for our family. I don't know what they are, but I can feel it! Yesterday we were combined with a couple other wards and the overlying 'theme' was New Year's Resolutions. The talks as a whole were okay, not very churchy or inspirational, but the thoughts I had were much more than that.

The whole idea of New Year's Resolutions is great because it allows everyone to recommit themselves to being better in a desired area. This is exactly what Christ enables us to do through the Atonement! What perfect wisdom and love Christ and the Father have for us; how quick they are to forgive and help us along as we strive to be our very best selves; how amazing!!

This upcoming year I have made some resolutions:
  • Have the corresponding Relief Society lesson read before church.
  • Memorize The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
  • Memorize 1 new scripture mastery as a family every Monday night for FHE.
We spent the new year's eve at a friend's party, then came home to play some UNO and count down the clock for that awesome kiss :)
Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

stephanie and sean said...

Happy New Year Smiths! Although, this comment is actually a Happy Birthday Jagger comment and a way to go Nicole for birthing him. We think mothers should always be celebrated on their baby's birthdays. So tell the little guy we say Happy Birthday. I'm sure he's been wondering when he would hear from us.

Kelly said...

Wow...those are some great new years resolutions (I may have to steal them:) It looks like you had a great Christmas (Jagger looks so cute....I can't believe he is already one now) Have fun...here comes the EXCITING year of talking, walking, tantrums, and "I wuv you mommy"!

stephanie and sean said...

Tonight we at sticky chicken and missed you guys. Thanks for the recipe ... and the tongs. Happy Saturday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails