Thursday, January 3, 2008

happy birthday jagger!

That's right, not only does January 1st bring in the new year, but it also is the day our sweet little Jagger was born. That's right, he is one year old! We love him so much and are so grateful for the blessing it is to have him in our lives. Not a day goes by that I am not mindful of the miracle he is and how happy I am that he came to us. He is healthy, he is strong, he is beautiful...he is perfect. There is nothing like being a mother.

We started out the morning by singing happy birthday to our little one.



Then we gave him his present: a tonka truck that toddlers can ride on, and the seat also comes up for those learning to walk (Jagger:) He LOVES it!


Then we all had a big breakfast. A hefty stack of mini pancakes for Jagger. Yes he ate them all and loved every minute of it. Then we all had a mid-morning...afternoon nap.



We decided it would be great to take Jagger out for his first sledding experience and headed up to a hill on campus. He was so cute. Didn't really do a whole lot. Not happy, not sad...just chillin. We rented some cool stuff from the ORC--a hammerhead sled, and snow bike! I didn't dare use the snow bike, but the other sled was really quite awesome.


I made Jagger a cake as he took his 2nd nap, let him go crazy on a little piece for dessert...then he stayed up until midnight! What sugar will do to a kid. So we all watched HAIRSPRAY! It was such a fun day; a great day! I'm just glad I'm not going through labor again like I was last year! If you want to reminisce on that lovely story, click here!! That was Jagger's bedtime story :)


In the next couple of years, we plan on having quite the tradition. Letting Jagger stay up late, countdown to his birthday, wish him happy birthday (and happy new year) and let him open his presents. Then we will all go to bed. The next morning we can all have a big breakfast, do a fun family activity, dinner and cake. That's the plan anyway. My only worry is all of the other kids will wonder why they don't get to stay up till midnight and countdown their own birthdays :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY JAGGER! WE LOVE YOU!!

11 comments:

mattnbeth said...

i cant believe hes already one! happy bday to him. hes has the best smile!

blythe said...

What a cutie Jagger is. I just want to squeeze his chubby cheeks! Sounds like fun traditions!

Andy and Melissa said...

Happy birthday Jag! I must admit - I love cake too - but you should really teach Jagger not to shove it in his face so much;) I can't believe he ate all those pancakes. No wonder his cheeks are getting so cute and round!

Joneel said...

Nicole, loved the pictures. The one of jagger and Alma making snow angels is so darn cute. And the stack of mini pancakes, too funny.
He isn't afraid of lumps in his food.= ) It is great being a mother!!

Mary Stuart said...

happy birthday jagger. he is such a cute boy!

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday little dude!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I can't believe how big he look and how much older he looks even since you guys were down at Christmas!!!! Hopefully I will get to see him (and you two) again soon!!! I love you!

Oh and way cute pictures, I also love the one of you three in front of the temple!!! You're just such a cute family!

Jenn said...

Yay Jagger! He will only get funner every day from here on out! Those pics are so cute! He definitely likes his food like his mommy! =)

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

You are so awesomely creative!! I love that you did so much for him to be extra special on his birthday!!! Happy birthday (late) Jagger!!

Bonnie said...

He is TOOO CUTE!! Schun baby!!

stephanie and sean said...

You guys are the best! My favorite picture is the snow angle one!!!! It melts my heart. I saved it on iphoto so that I can remember to take a picture like that when we have little ones. It was SO wonderful to talk to you the other day! Thank you so much for calling! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Kelly said...

What a cutie!!! I love the picture every of him and Alma in the snow!! Happy Late Birthday to him!! He will have a huge party every year!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails