Wednesday, January 2, 2008

an amazing experience


We had the awesome opportunity to attend the open house of the Rexburg Temple today! A couple in our ward called the morning it opened (Dec. 29th) offering the 9 tickets they now had extra because family didn't make it due to weather. So we called Alma's sister Denise and fam and we all went at 2:30. It was such a special experience. I really felt the importance of Temples. The spirit was so strong; craftsmanship so fine...it was perfect. I was so grateful to be witness to such a beautiful Temple; to be inside with my eternal family (which is only thanks to temples!) and to have had this wonderful experience.

The only other temple open house I have been privileged to attend has been the Las Vegas Temple. I was pretty young and don't remember anything but the sealing room. I remember going in there and feeling the spirit so strong. I felt a sense of longing, and knew that one day I would be married in a room just like that one. And I was. It was not the exact same one, but still really cool to think about the little me and the me now. I have fulfilled my deepest desire, to be married in the temple to my best friend.

Nothing else matters and the spirit bore witness to me of that in the temple. Family is what it's all about. I'm grateful for that perspective.

7 comments:

Joneel said...

Awwww, thanks for posting those beautiful pictures of the Rexburg temple. So beautiful. And the one of your family is beautiful too

Andy and Melissa said...

I love the picture of all three of you in front of the temple. Jagger looks adorable as always and
i love your jacket. I saw one just like it in a Victoria's Secret catalog years ago and have wanted one like it ever since. Lucky ducks to go to the open house. I went to San Diego's when I was young and it was so wonderful.

mattnbeth said...

i love the pics. so beautiful. i can only imagine the experience you had.

ken said...

What a gorgeous temple. I'd love to go to an open house again... can't remember anything about the LV one except wearing those slippers!

niki said...

We went that morning! Wish I could have run into you. I need your email address so you can have access to our blog. i will get it from kelly! cute family pic, by the way.

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

This is so great!! How to we get tickets to the open house do you know? do you think they are sold out!! Thanks for this post!

stephanie and sean said...

I know i said it on the phone the other day, but how AMAZING! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience :) How blessed Rexburg is - just like you said, especially when there are entire countries without temples. Thanks for the pictures ... we've been dying to see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails