Friday night I got a babysitter so we could go out just the two of us for a pre-birthday celebration of ice-skating. I couldn't remember the last time I had attempted to ice-skate...12 maybe. Was I scared?, no...I was petrified. One of my worst fears is falling and knocking out my front teeth...which to me seems pretty plausible on ice. Yes the same fear follows me around, haunts me rather, whilst walking around our frozen tundra...but I told myself Alma would love this and it's his birthday, so that's what we are going to do. My worry was short lived as we got up to the rink and a hockey game was going on. Did I plan that?...no, but a little sigh of relief let out and we decided to play some of our own hockey in the car (tonsil hockey that is)...just kidding :) We went bowling instead. Which I am only famously known to be the WORST bowler on planet earth. I managed to get a whopping 60 on our first "warm up" game. But it didn't do me a whole lot of good considering I only improved 5 points on the next game. It's okay, it's all about letting the birthdayee know how cool they are. And believe you me, Alma is the coolest of cool. I was just lucky to be out in public with him.

For his actual birthday, we started the day off right with a big breakfast, then a mid-morning nap. Then we all went to the Legacy Flight Museum where we took a tour and got to see planes used in WWII, Vietnam, and Korea. Alma even got to somewhat fulfill a boyhood dream by sitting in a plane. Not just any plane, but the most famous P-51 ever, "Ole Yeller". The Smithsonian want's it, and who would have thought it would be housed in Rexburg? Then we went to Texas Roadhouse Grille for dinner and had the best hunk of steak we've ever had in our whole lives!!!! I am very passionate about food...especially beef, but this stuff was (well I can't really write anymore about it because I'm fasting and turned into a ravenous beast and started drooling on the keyboard as I thought about it.) When we got home, we had a wii night. Our friends let us borrow theirs and we had a lot of fun. We sucked it up on a lot of the games, Alma broke a sweat, and I think I got that term "wii-itis" in my right arm joints. It's probably a good thing we don't own one :)



For his actual birthday, we started the day off right with a big breakfast, then a mid-morning nap. Then we all went to the Legacy Flight Museum where we took a tour and got to see planes used in WWII, Vietnam, and Korea. Alma even got to somewhat fulfill a boyhood dream by sitting in a plane. Not just any plane, but the most famous P-51 ever, "Ole Yeller". The Smithsonian want's it, and who would have thought it would be housed in Rexburg? Then we went to Texas Roadhouse Grille for dinner and had the best hunk of steak we've ever had in our whole lives!!!! I am very passionate about food...especially beef, but this stuff was (well I can't really write anymore about it because I'm fasting and turned into a ravenous beast and started drooling on the keyboard as I thought about it.) When we got home, we had a wii night. Our friends let us borrow theirs and we had a lot of fun. We sucked it up on a lot of the games, Alma broke a sweat, and I think I got that term "wii-itis" in my right arm joints. It's probably a good thing we don't own one :)
On a more serious note, I just wanted to tell Alma how much I love him. It is such an empowering thing to be married to someone who makes you feel alive and gives you a reason to be better everyday. I love you Almee, happy 25th birthday!




7 comments:
Happy Birthday Alma!!! Sounds like quite the wife to do all of this for you!!! SOunds like an incredible day!
Nicole- I can't believe falling and knocking your teeth out is your biggest fear!! That is totally mine too!!! - even chipping them actually... weird since dad could just fix it no problemo.... I too am a terrible ice skater (ironic since dad was an amazing honkey player) and an even worse bowler... lol we must be sisters! But it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Alma!!! Just wait till the real present gets there this weekend!!!! Can't wait to see you!!! Love you!!!!
Happy birthday Alma - looks like you had a wonderful couple of days.
Nicole,
It's your cousin Mandi! I finally came out of the stone ages and into the bloggn' world! You guys are so cute!
mattandmandijohnsonfamily.blogspot.com
Happy happy birthday Alma dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish then it would be ... a happy happy birthday to you from me (well... from us ... I totally didn't just make that up ... I think it's a primary song actually)! Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! You and Nicole and Sean are all a quarter of a stinkin' century and I'm starting to feel kinda left out ;) I'll be a whopping 24 in about a month .. weehoo for birthdays. It sounds like yours was the coolest. Nicole - I too am passionate about beef :)!!! Sean, not so much. He's the one who would order like a soup at a restraunt and I would order a big hunk 'o steak!!! Love it :) Also, where are you getting your fonts in memory mixer?!?! Please tell me your secret becasue I'm not finding those cute fonts! :) (LOVE LOVE LOVE these scrapbook creations by the way :) Oh, and i called you back the other day.. hope you guys got my message. We miss you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALMEE!
Hey Nicole - I copied your header. I had tried it once before - and it was only showing a quarter of my header that I wanted up - but then after I saw yours I thought - Oh I love it like that...I should try it again, and It worked. Yea - now I can have a cute - personalized header.
Happy Birthday Alma!! Welcome to 25! Ken's joined our world tomorrow... also the younger husband.
Post a Comment