2 days ago
Sunday, January 20, 2008
a new calling
Today I was released as the ward choir pianist (tear), but I was also sustained as the 4th Sunday teacher in Relief Society! That is the "Teaching for our Time" message people...awesome! I am so grateful for my talents and that I was able to bless the ward through one of them. I truly saw the hand of the Lord bless me as I played each week. I was told that my skills would be sharpened as I served when I was set apart and they really were. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to learn new pieces, sharpen my skill, and sight read challenging pieces all whilst magnifying my calling. I am sad to let that go, but very excited for my new calling. I love teaching. It's scary, hard, and requires lots of planning and preparation, but I think that's what I like about it too. I have the opportunity to share with others my experiences, to invite the Spirit, and to TESTIFY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good for you to say you love to teach. I don't know if I will ever be able to say that.
YOU ARE INCREDIBLE! I had quite the opposite reaction when I was called as the 4th Sunday Teaching For Our Times Teacher ... I'm glad you like to teach (I'm sure that helps) ... I wish I could be there for your lessons :) I love that we have the opportunity to serve in different capacities in the church ... to learn new skills, sharpen existing ones, and be stretched and refined. As soon as I begin to feel comfortable in a calling I am usually released and I have always found that an interesting thing about callings. How blessed we are. The Relief Society is so lucky to have you.
Post a Comment