Thursday, October 4, 2007

FALL IS HERE!


I cannot believe fall is already here!...and soon to be winter! Growing up in Vegas, I never knew the full magnitude of my love for the fall. The leaves are wonderful and ever since my freshman year of college, my eyes were opened to its beauty. I have another confession/idiosyncrasy concerning the fall. I cannot help but crunch leaves. It gives me that little girl giddy feeling. If I am walking in a straight line down the sidewalk and see a leaf completely out of my path of walking...I MUST crunch it! I probably look like a fool walking down the street zig-zagging my way around mutilating every leaf that dares show it's face. But I do it and I love it! Unfortunately for now, I just have to find a pretty picture off the internet because the leaves are still green here. I'm afraid winter might come too abruptly and scare all of the leaves dead, with no color change at all. But my spirits are high, and I will be visiting many a park soon with Jaggie and hopfully have wonderful pictures to post! I love October...it's one month closer to November...then December! It's such a magical time. So many good things to celebrate. Please tell me some fun things you like to do this time of the year! Here are some of mine:
  • We've already established--crunching leaves!
  • Rolling around in leaves, unless there's bugs--ew.
  • Taking pictures of leaves
  • Looking at leaves...I'm obsessed!!
  • Wearing jackets and scarves
  • Wearing pants and skirts...together! :)
  • Out with the high heels, in with the uggs!
  • Carving pumpkins
  • Snuggling (I like to do that all the time!)
  • Watching a movie on the couch in the middle of the day
  • Drinking hot chocolate
  • Partaking of all the great junk food that is around this time of the year!
  • Dressing up for Halloween! (any suggestions for us?)
  • Watching holiday movies!
  • Singing songs
  • Everybody's in a better, kinder mood
Well, the list could go on and on. I hope you share in some of my joy in this time of year! What a wonderful time it is to be alive!! Thanks for all the friendships I have with those of you who care enough about us to read this!

4 comments:

ken said...

Haha-- so fun to read because I KNOW that you love to crunch and bundle and leaves and all of those colors are pretty much your wardrobe! :) And bugs are gross!! It's so fun! It is a fun time of year-- I love opening all of the windows at night and autumn colors... the trees out here are AMAZING! You'd have a crunching rolling hayday!

Heidi said...

Fall has always been my favorite season, I cannot imagine having a youth that did not have a fall. I love many of things you mentioned about fall- the clothes, the weather, the leaves. I love the baking and cooking, and the smells too (pumpkin and apple cider candles).

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh Nicole...this post got me all excited. It is getting a tiny bit cooler here, and I am loving it! There are so many trees around here, but we have yet to see if they change colors or not. I sure hope so. I too especially love all of the festivities and lazy days that come with the cooler weather and the Holidays. The food, the laughter, the scarfs, and the list goes on. Such an exciting and memorable time!

stephanie and sean said...

I love your ode to fall. I also love crunching leaves!!! The leave here haven't started changing colors yet, BUT they HAVE started falling to the ground. It's getting us kind of worried. I hope the leaves turn colors BEFORE they fall off!!! I hope you're having a wonderful conference weekend. Today has been kind of trying. I think the Advesary of all that is good and wonderful likes to rear his ugly head when he is most unwelcomed ... like at conference... or right before something wonderful or important happens. All is well all is well. Totally cool about President Eyering :) I love the church leaders. I love conference! Hope you guys are enjoying it too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails