2 days ago
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
party poopers
One thing that really peeves me is this: if you are invited to a Halloween party that says anything about costumes and do not come in one. What's with that? What, people think they're too cool these days to dress up...or too old? Lame, is what I have to say to you people. So go in your closet and find a plaid shirt and cowboy hat...throw on some scrubs...put on a wig...or stuff your belly to look pregnant. Anything is better than nothing...although these are not the best costumes either. Find a good one and wear it a couple years in a row?--fine, great! Just don't be a party pooper. We had a Halloween party yesterday for the tenants and hardly any of the girls came dressed up. Also at our ward party, parents seemed to think it was okay to just dress up their kid. Again, better than nothing, but what's wrong with getting dressed up yourself? I think these people might have a bit of a complex. "People might look at me and think I look silly"...yeah they might, but they love it...because that's the fun of Halloween! It makes for a much more enjoyable picture, and a better experience for your children. I remember the time my dad dressed up as a mine worker (not a very hard costume to pull off). But I was so excited he actually dressed up and got into the spirit of the night with me! So to any of you that didn't dress up this year, poo on you. To all of you that did--Happy Haloween!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I just read your post to mike and his response was "would you go to a party with me if I dressed like a poo?" long silent pause "does your silence mean no?"
Yeah well I'm not sure how to respond, am I a party pooper by not wanting Mike to dress up as a poo? Or am I wildly innappropraite to encourage his creative juices and suggest I dress up as a roll of toilet paper?
Post a Comment