Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I had a bad experience..."

Halloween is supposed to be an enjoyable holiday yeah? For some yes, it is a time to dress up, go trick-or-treating, and decorate your house with lots of scary paraphernalia. I have fun carving pumpkins, seeing happy sweet ghost and pumpkin decorations, and dressing up. As far as everything else goes, I could definately do without. Halloween is a freaks holiday. I went to the grocery store alone last night and called my mom because I didn't like the idea of being out late at night totally and completely vulnerable to all the weirdos that roam this time of year.

Trick-or treating...is it really worth it? The last 2 times I ever went trick-or-treating I got a trick...and a very mean one at that. I was mugged for all of my candy. The first time it was a group of black guys with a baseball bat. I was on rollerblades to hit up more houses at a faster rate, thus equalling more candy for me. I must have been a great target as they all ganged up on me, grabbed my candy (which I would not let go of), swung me around in circles until I let go and tumbled down the street. The second year it was a bunch of punk kids in a car. What's with these people? So I no longer like the idea of trick-or-treating and cannot believe that people would be so low as to steal candy from kids. I re-open a wound every time I talk about this and now have to go grab some tissues. And if you just laughed at my experiences...shame on you.

Please everyone be careful tonight! Don't let your kids go trick-or-treating alone...and if they are, they're probably too old to be going.

4 comments:

Joneel said...

Nicole, that would be so darn scary. I can't believe that you had to go through that kind of experience. Glad nothing like that ever happened to me or any of my family.

stephanie and sean said...

I'm offended ... and I'm not a freak. Seriously though... I would feel the same way if I had those terrifying experiences ... it's maniacs like that that just ruin fun things. I'm sorry your candy was stolen. Will you take Jagger trick or treating when he's older? if not, do you have fun alternatives? I'd be really interested to know of your ideas, because even though I really love the idea of halloween, I don't like what halloween has become and am worried that if I keep my kids from participating in all of the candy good times they'll hate more forever. I can't believe you were mugged... sheesh that's aweful.

Mike and Tia Fam said...

I love you Nicole! I would however like to comment that you did grow up in Las Vegas, which probably has a higher rate of freaks AND perhaps that breeds a higher "crimes against kids" rate. I imagine if you look at the national averages that the statistics will support my hypothesis. I am sorry for your trama but to me trick or treating is one of the most exciting events of each calander year.

Andy and Melissa said...

I never even thought that kinda thing could happen. now I am nervous. We went trunk -or- treating last night. I think maybe that is safer. A little more lame - the cars are so close so you don't get to go very far - but hey...I'm all for safety!

Related Posts with Thumbnails